LeakBarrier® EasyTorch™ APP Smooth is a premium, APP modified, smooth surfaced, polyester reinforced, modified bituminous roofing membrane designed for installation by heat welding. EasyTorch APP Smooth is specially formulated using select asphalt and Atactic polypropylene modifiers, and is reinforced with a tough, non-woven polyester mat that provides exceptional strength and durability. The exposed side is surfaced with fine sand and the backside is protected with polyolefinic film to facilitate ease of application via torching.
LeakBarrier EasyTorch APP Smoothis designed for use in new roofing and re-roofing applications as a base ply, cap sheet or flashing material in single and multi-ply applications. Ideally suited for low-slope roofing, EasyTorch APP Smooth can be installed over a variety of substrates and can be used in the repairs of modified bituminous as well as built-up roofing systems.
Features and Benefits
- Cost effective roof system
- Versatile – Can be used as base ply or cap sheet
- Specially formulated APP compound imparts durability
- 170 g/m2 polyester reinforcement offers superior tensile, tear, and elongation properties
- High performance sheet – puncture and tear-resistant
- Exceptional dimensional stability
- Very pliable
- Superior flexibility at low temperatures
- Good weathering characteristics
- Meets ASTM D6222 Type I Grade S
- Miami Dade County Approval NOA No. 12-0131.13
- Florida Building Code FL 14672-R1
- Texas Deparment of Insurance Approval RC-152
- 10, 12, 15 and 20 Year Warranties
- EasyTorch APP Smooth rolls must be stored on ends only. Do not store in a leaning position.
- When storing two pallets high, position a plywood sheet between the pallets.
- Rolls must be protected from the elements. See relevant technical bulletin on Cold Weather Precautions at the Tarco website (www.tarcoroofing.com).
- EasyTorch APP Smooth is intended for use by licensed, qualified roofers who are trained in the use and handling of heat welding equipment. It is the sole responsibility of the applicator to exercise all necessary precautions during installation of this product.
- Heat welding represents a potential fire hazard. Ensure an adequate supply of fire extinguishers are within reach of the applicator.
- This product must be installed as per Tarco published installation guidelines. Follow all code requirements as well as application guidelines available from the Asphalt Roofing Contractors Association (ARMA), Mid-West Roofing Contractors Association (MRCA), and/or endorsed by National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA).
- This product is asphalt-based. Heating asphalt with open flame can give out fumes and smoke, which could cause irritation, nausea, or dizziness. Consult the relevant material safety data sheet (MSDS) before use.
- Do not install using cold adhesives or hot asphalt.
- Do not install when any form of moisture such as water, ice, snow, dew, rain, etc. is present.
- This product needs special handling when used under low temperature conditions to prevent roll damage as well as to ensure optimal performance. See relevant technical bulletin on Cold Weather Precautions at the Tarco website (www.tarcoroofing.com).
- Ensure roof has proper drainage prior to installation.
- Proper ventilation is critical. Ensure installation does not interfere with existing ventilation.
- Surface must be clean, dry, debris-free, and without voids.
- For re-roofing, all old roofing and other loose materials must be removed prior to installation.
- Unroll EasyTorch APP Smooth roll and allow it to relax for 15-20 minutes before application.
- Over LeakBarrier EasyTorch SA Base or an approved substrate, begin installation from the low point of the roof.
- Install using standard torch application techniques. Do not apply excessive heat so as to avoid damage to the polyester reinforcement. Do not apply heat directly to the substrate.
- Apply the next eave course in the same manner, overlapping the first course at the end lap by 6” and side lap by 4”. Ensure a minimum 3/8” bleed out of the modified bitumen compound at all laps.
- Stagger the end laps a minimum 3’ from the preceding course.
- Then fold back the overlapping sheet and perform a 45° angle cut at the end lap of the underlying sheet to provide a smooth, tapered transition.
- Install subsequent courses as detailed above.
- Roll the side lap and end lap areas with a minimum 6” wide roller immediately after heat welding.
|Property||Typical Value||Reference Test|
|Peak Load @ 0° F, MD & XMD||60 lbf/in.||ASTM D6222|
|Elongation @ 0° F, MD & XMD||10%||ASTM D6222|
|Peak Load @ 73.4° F, MD & XMD||50 lbf/in.||ASTM D6222|
|Elongation @ 73.4° F, MD & XMD||23%||ASTM D6222|
|Tear Strength @ 73.4° F||70 lbf/in.||ASTM D6222|
|Low Temperature Flexibility||32°F max||ASTM D6222|
|Dimensional Stability||1% max.||ASTM D6222|
|Compound Stability @ 230° F||Pass||ASTM D6222|
|Width||39-3/8 in. (1 meter)|
|Length||32 ft. 10 in. (10 meters)|
|Thickness||160 mil (4 mm) (nominal)|
|Gross Coverage||108 sq. ft.|
|Weight||94 lbs. (nominal)|
Tarco Specialty Products, Inc. offers 10, 12, 15 and 20 Year Limited Warranties.
Note: All statements, information and data given herein are believed to be accurate and reliable, but are presented without guaranty, warranty or responsibility of any kind, expressed or implied, except as may be indicated otherwise in this literature.