UsageLeakBarrier EasyNailBase is designed for use as a mechanically attached base sheet in self-adhering roofing systems. It is also an ideal base/ply sheet for torch, hot mop and cold applied systems.
Features and Benefits
- Versatile sheet; can be used in a variety of applications
- Superior pliability of specially formulated SBS asphalt facilities a wrinkle-free sheet
- Proprietary film surface allows enhanced adhesion of self-adhered membranes
- Glass fiber reinforcement ensures exceptional dimensional stability
- Good durability
- Easy to handle
- Ultraviolet resistant polyolefinic film on the upper surface
- Can be left exposed for up to 30 days
- Meets ASTM D4601 and ASTM D6163
- Store EasyNailBase rolls in a dry location, protected from the elements. Do not expose to direct sunlight.
- Rolls must be stored on ends only. Do not store in a leaning position.
- When storing two pallets high, position a plywood sheet between pallets.
- Install EasyNailBase in strict compliance with applicable building codes.
- Keep rolls clean and free from moisture prior to installation.
- Follow Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety standards; use common sense measures and adequate precautions to prevent accidents.
- Ensure roof has positive drainage prior to installation.
- Ensure proper ventilation of the attic.
- EasyNailBase must be covered with a finished roof covering within the specified exposure time of the product. Refer to the section on Features and Benefits for exposure time.
- Surface must be clean, dry, and free of voids prior to installing Easy Nail Base.
- If EasyNailBase is left exposed for more than 30 days, the surface must be primed with an ASTM D 41 Primer prior to the installation of a self-adhesive membrane.
- For ease of application, cut the roll to suitable, manageable lengths before installation.
- Follow standard roofing practices when installing EasyNailBase.
- When attaching to nailable decks, use standard nailing patterns and Tarco approved fasteners.
|Property||Typical Value||Reference Test|
|Max. Load @ 0°F, MD and XMD||75 lbf/in||ASTM D6163|
|Elongation @ 0°F, MD and XMD||2%||ASTM D6163|
|Max. Load @ 73.4°F, MD and XMD||35 lb/ft||ASTM D6163|
|Elongation @ 73.4°F, MD and XMD||6%||ASTM D6163|
|Tear Strength @ 73.4°F||80 lbf/in||ASTM D6163|
|Low Temperature Flexibility||0°F||ASTM D6163|
|Dimensional Stability||0.5% max||ASTM D6163|
|Compound stability @ 215°F||Pass||ASTM D6163|
|Thickness||50 mil (nominal)|
|Gross Coverage||216 sq ft|
|Weight||60 lb (nominal)|
LeakBarrier EasyNailBase is warranted to be free from manufacturer’s defects.
Note: All statements, information and data, given herein are believed to be accurate and reliable but are presented without guaranty, warranty or responsibility of any kind, expressed or implied, except as may be indicated otherwise in this literature.