LeakBarrier® EasyLay™UDL 10LeakBarrier EasyLay UDL 10 is a value-priced, synthetic roof underlayment that has good resistance to the elements. The material consists of a woven polymeric scrim that imparts strength, and a textured fabric on the upper surface that provides walkability.
UsageEasyLay UDL 10 is designed as an alternative to 15# asphalt saturated felt and can be used under shingles. It can be mechanically attached to several substrates, and used in new and re-roofing applications.
Features and Benefits
- Lightweight; Less than 2 lb per square
- More coverage per roll than traditional felt
- Good pliability and low temperature flexibility
- Pre-printed lay lines for easy installation
- Algae, fungi, and mold resistant; does not rot or decay
- 100% recyclable
- EasyLay UDL 10 must be stored in a dry location.
- Rolls must be stored on pallets and not more than one pallet high.
- Do not store rolls in direct sunlight.
- EasyLay UDL 10 shall be installed in strict compliance with applicable Building Code.
- Follow Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety standards; use common sense measures and adequate precautions to prevent accidents.
- EasyLay UDL 10 is considered a vapor barrier. Proper ventilation is critical. Ensure installation does not interfere with existing ventilation.
- EasyLay UDL 10 shall not be torched or hot mopped to.
- On slopes less than 4:12, a double layer of EasyLay UDL 10 is recommended. Double layer application is best achieved by using 24” side laps, making sure the side laps are “shingled in” to shed water.
- Ensure that sharp objects such as debris, stones, bricks, etc. are not dropped on to the EasyLay UDL 10 surface so as to avoid possible cuts or tears.
- When tin tags/caps are used to secure EasyLay UDL10, the material shall be covered immediately after application with an approved underlayment or a suitable roof covering.
- Apply a thin coat of asphalt-based roofing cement to areas of EasyLay UDL 10 with any cuts or tears.
- Do not use staples to attach EasyLay UDL 10. Use of staples will void the warranty.
- EasyLay UDL 10 is not intended to be used as the primary weather resistant roof covering.
- The substrate shall be clean and dry prior to installing EasyLay UDL 10.
- For re-roofing, all old roofing and other loose materials must be removed prior to installation.
Application GuidelinesPlace a full width piece of EasyLay UDL 10, parallel to the eave (low) edge of the roof.
- Unroll the material 2 to 3 feet and position the end of it to the edge of the eave and rake.
- Install a few fasteners near the rake and roll out the sheet to a manageable length.
- Straighten and align the sheet to eliminate any wrinkles.
- Fasten the sheet using 3/8” headed roofing nails or 1” plastic capped nails, spaced 9” o.c. at all laps and two staggered rows fastened 12” o.c. in the field, or as per applicable Building Code. In HVHZ jurisdictions, the sheet shall be fastened 6” o.c. at all laps and three staggered rows fastened 12” o.c. in the field of the sheet.
- When using 1” diameter nails, apply such that the head of the nail is flush with the sheet surface, without cutting into the sheet.
- Fasten the sheet from the top edge to avoid walking or kneeling on the unsecured portion.
- Align the next sheet over the preceding sheet so as to form a minimum 4” side lap and 8” end lap or as per applicable Building Code.
- Then install the sheet as per instructions above. Install such that the bottom of the second course is over the top of the first course so that any water will flow over the underlayment.
- Stagger the end laps a minimum of 36” (3 feet) from the preceding course.
- Install EasyLay UDL 10 a minimum of 6” up any vertical surfaces.
- EasyLay UDL 10 used in valley areas must be covered with metal or other valley liners.
- Flash vent pipes, stacks, chimneys, and penetrations in compliance with applicable codes.
|Property||Typical Value||Reference Test|
|Tensile strength, lbf||40||ASTM D1682|
|Tear resistance, lbf||15||ASTM D1922|
|Pliability at 23°C||Pass||ASTM D226|
|Liquid water transmission||Pass||ASTM D4869|
|Water vapor transmission, perms||0.10||ASTM E96|
|Algae & Fungus resistance, Rank 0 – 4||0 (no growth)||ASTM G21/D3273|
|Width||48 in (1.22 m)|
|Length||250 ft (76.2 m)|
|Thickness||7 mil (nominal)|
|Gross Coverage||1,000 sq ft (10 sq)|
|Weight||18 lb (nominal)|
|Rolls per pallet||64|
EasyLay UDL 10 is warranted to be free from manufacturer’s defects
Note: All statements, information and data, given herein are believed to be accurate and reliable but are presented without guaranty, warranty or responsibility of any kind, expressed or implied, except as may be indicated otherwise in this literature.