LeakBarrier Glass Base is a highly versatile glass fiber reinforced sheet coated with superior quality weathering-grade asphalt.
LeakBarrier Glass Base is designed for use as the initial or base ply in built-up and modified bitumen roof systems. It is ideal for applications involving mechanical fasteners, hot asphalt or cold adhesives.
Features and Benefits
- Use in built-up and modified bitumen systems
- Versatile sheet; can be used in a variety of applications
- Easy to handle
- Good durability
- Fiberglass reinforcement resists the rot prevalent with saturated felt
- Low moisture absorption
- Meets ASTM D4601 Type II
- UL Classified (R 13228) for use in class A and B roofs
- Store rolls in a dry location, protected from the elements
- Do not store rolls in direct sunlight for prolonged time
- Store rolls upright
- When storing two pallets high, position a plywood sheet between pallets
- Install Glass Base in strict compliance with applicable building code
- Keep rolls clean and free of moisture prior to installation
- Follow Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety standards; use common sense measures and adequate precautions to prevent accidents
- Ensure proper ventilation of the attic
- The substrate shall be clean, dry and free of voids prior to installing Glass Base
- For ease of application, cut the roll into manageable lengths prior to use
- Follow standard roofing practice when installing Glass Base
|Property||Typical Value||Reference Test|
|High/Low temperature Unrolling||Pass||ASTM D1970|
|Breaking Strength||70 lbf/in||ASTM D146|
|Moisture Content||0%||ASTM D146|
|Ash Content||Pass||ASTM D228|
|Gross Coverage||300 sq. ft.|
|Weight||72 lbs. (nominal)|
|Rolls Per Pallet||25|
LeakBarrier Glass Base is warranted to be free from manufacturer's defects.
Note: All statements, information and data, given herein are believed to be accurate and reliable but are presented without guaranty, warranty orresponsibility of any kind, expressed or implied, except as may be indicated otherwise in this literature.