LeakBarrier EasyStick Plus™ is a premium, SBS modified, granule surfaced, polyester reinforced, self-adhesive modified bituminous cap sheet membrane for use in most low slope and steep slope roof system applications. EasyStick Plus is a perfect alternative to the application of roofing using conventional application methods of torching, hot asphalt mopping, or using cold applied adhesives.
LeakBarrier EasyBase™ is a SBS modified, glass fiber reinforced, self-adhesive modified bituminous base sheet for use in most low slope and steep slope roof system applications. EasyBase has an ultraviolet resistant polyolefinic film surface and is specifically designed for use with EasyStick Plus cap sheets.
LeakBarrier Easylay™ is an extremely durable high performance asphalt saturated polyester nailable base sheet for use in most low slope and steep slope roof system applications. EasyLay's unique surface is extremely compatible with EasyStick Plus roofing systems.
LeakBarrier EasyStick Plus Self-adhering Roofing Systems are cost-effective and utilize easy-to-apply general purpose roofing sheets designed for use in new roofing and re-roofing. They are ideally suited for residential low-slope applications such as porches and carports or as flashing materials.
Features and Benefits
- Time-tested "Dual Compound" based SBS peel and stick membrane.
- No specific tools required. Clean, easy to handle, peel and stick self-adhering application.
- No fumes during application, eliminating odors caused by adhesives and hot asphalt.
- 30-40% quicker installation than conventional application.
- Excellent granule adhesion.
- Polyester reinforcement offers superior tensile, tear and elongation properties and ensures exceptional dimensional stability.
- Well defined four inch peel and stick side lap.
- Peel and stick selvage results in instant, watertight lap bond (5X of competitor products).
- Adheres to a variety of substrates.
- Meets and/or exceeds the applicable sections of ASTM D6164 and ASTM D1970 specifications.
- Miami Dade County Approval NOA No. 07-0917.04 and 07-0917.05
- Florida Building Code approval FL 9487-R1
- Texas Department of Insurance Approval RC-152
- UL classified (R13228) for use in class A and B roofs (EasyStick Plus FR version).
- 10, 15, 20 and 25 Year Limited warranties.
Black, White, Cedar Blend, Dark Brown, Red, Weatherwood, Hickory, Slate Grey and Green.
- EasyStick Plus rolls must be stored indoors, in a dry location.
- Boxes must be stored on end only. Do not store in a leaning position.
- The rolls must be protected from the elements. Do not expose rolls to direct sunlight.
- Store rolls at room temperatures. Prolonged exposure to elevated temperatures may reduce the adhesive characteristics of the membrane.
- Install EasyStick Plus only when material interface temperatures (air, deck, material) are 40°F and rising.
- Do not install when any form of moisture such as water, ice, snow, dew, rain, etc. is present.
- Ensure roof has proper slope and drainage prior to installation. The roof must meet Tarco's minimum slope requirements.
- Proper ventilation is critical. When applying over the entire roof deck, the roofing system must provide sufficient ventilation, including both ridge and soffit venting.
- A full, irreversible adhesion is achieved when the membrane goes through a complete heat cycle. Do not attempt to remove the membrane immediately after adhesion to the substrate.
- Use of a hand-held "hot air gun" might help in enhancing adhesion during application of membrane in cooler weather.
- Surface must be clean, dry, and without voids that may interfere with adhesion.
- For re-roofing, all old roofing and other loose materials must be removed prior to installation.
- When adhering to EasyBaseTM self-adhering base sheet, remove any loose film from the EasyBase surface.
- If the EasyBase self-adhering base sheet has been left exposed for more than 30 days, prime the EasyBase surface prior to installation of the EasyStick Plus membrane.
- Acceptable substrates for adhesion of LeakBarrier membranes can be found on the Tarco website.
- For best results, EasyBase surface may be primed with an ASTM D41 Primer prior to installation of EasyStick Plus. When primer is used, ensure the primer is fully dry prior to application of EasyStick Plus.
- Cut the EasyStick Plus roll to suitable, manageable lengths before installation.
- Position the pre-cut EasyStick Plus beginning at the lowest corner of the roof where the eave (gutter edge) andrake (rising edge) intersect.
- Align EasyStick Plus so that it is parallel with the edge of the eave and extend over the eave and rake approx. 3/8".
- Starting at the middle and extending to one end of EasyStick Plus, drive securing nails in 18" centers in the side lap area, 1½" from the edge. Do not drive the nails all the way in.
- Backroll the unsecured portion of the roll up the middle where the first securing nail is driven.
- Apply a 1/16" thick layer of asphalt plastic cement over the eave and rake metal drip edges extending 2" to 3" onto the deck surface where the roll will intersect.
- Carefully remove the release film the full width of the sheet and apply the EasyStick Plus membrane firmly into place as it is being applied, taking care to avoid wrinkling or creasing of the roll.
- Remove the securing nails from the other half of EasyStick Plus, backroll and apply in like manner.
- On slopes greater than 2:12, drive nails flush in the selvage area 1½" from the edge on 18" centers, after EasyStick Plus has been applied and prior to the next overlapping course.
- Apply the next eave course in the same manner overlapping the first course at the end lap by 6".
- Apply a uniform 1/16" thick layer of asphalt plastic cement the full roll width to the surface of the first course in the 6" end lap area before adhering the next course.
- Remove release film covering the selvage, if present, prior to application of the sheet.
- Lap the succeeding course over the side lap area just to the granular edge of the preceding course.
- Apply succeeding courses in like manner, as in steps above.
- Stagger the end laps a minimum 3' from the preceding course.
- Roll the entire membrane surface, paying special attention to side laps, end laps and T-joints. Roller weight shall be 70 lb. minimum for low slope (≤2:12 pitch) and 28 lb. minimum for steep slope (>2:12 pitch).
|Property||Typical Value||Reference Test|
|Max. Load @ 0° F, MD & XMD||75 lbf/in.||ASTM D6164|
|Elongation @ 0° F, MD & XMD||20%||ASTM D6164|
|Max. Load @ 73.4° F, MD & XMD||55 lbf/in.||ASTM D6164|
|Elongation @ 73.4° F MD & XMD||35%||ASTM D6164|
|Tear Strength @ 73.4° F||55 lbf||ASTM D6164|
|Low Temperature Flexibility||0°F||ASTM D6164|
|Dimensional Stability, max||1%||ASTM D6164|
|Compound Stability @ 215° F||Pass||ASTM D6164|
|Granule Adhesion||1 g. loss||ASTM D4977|
|Adhesion to Plywood @ 40° F||4 lbs/ft. of width||ASTM D1970|
|Adhesion to Plywood @ 75° F||25 lbs/ft. of width||ASTM D1970|
|Thermal Stability, max||0.1 inch||ASTM D1970|
|Thickness||120 mil (nominal)|
|Gross Coverage||108 sq. ft.|
|Weight||80 lbs. (nominal)|
Note: All statements, information and data, given herein are believed to be accurate and reliable, but are presented without guaranty, warranty or responsibility of any kind, expressed or implied, except as may be indicated otherwise in this literature.