LeakBarrier PS200HT Ice and Water Armor is a premium, SBS modified, glass fiber reinforced, self adhesive modified bituminous roofing underlayment for use under tile, metal, slate and asphalt shingles. PS200HT is manufactured with a specially engineered Hybrid Polymer System formulation that allows the underlayment to withstand high temperatures (resistant up to 260° F). PS200HT is surfaced with a polyester fabric on the upper layer to provide a non-abrasive surface that also offers excellent walkability.
LeakBarrier PS200HT Ice and Water Armor helps to protect a building's deck or internal structure against leaks caused by ice and water damming and wind-driven rain. It is highly effective in critical roofing areas such as valleys, ridges, coping joints, chimneys, vents, dormers, skylights and low-slope sections.
Features and Benefits
- Polyester fabric surface allows for better walkability and cooler surface temperatures.
- Specifically designed for the demands of metal and tile roofing systems, with high temperature stability of 260 °F, and polyester fabric surface for maximum walkability. Non-skid surface also helps prevent tile from sliding off the roof.
- Split-back release film peels off for easy installation and handling.
- 120 day exposure limitation allows for long term dry in.
- Adheres directly to concrete, plywood, wood composition board and gypsum sheathing decks.
- Self-sealing around nails preventing moisture penetration.
- Product available for multi climates.
- Functions as a vapor barrier for commercial roofing applications.
- Meets ASTM D1970.
- Miami Dade County Approval NOA No. 11-0912.04.
- ICC-ES ESR-2116.
- Florida Building Code FL 10450-R1.
- UL Prepared Roofing File No. 16744.
- PS200HT rolls must be stored indoors, in a dry location.
- Rolls must be stored on end only. Do not store in a leaning position.
- The rolls must be protected from the elements. Do not expose rolls to direct sunlight.
- Store rolls at room temperature. Prolonged exposure to elevated temperatures may reduce the adhesive characteristics of the membrane.
- Install PS200HT only when material interface temperatures (air, deck, material) are 40 °F and rising.
- Do not install when any form of moisture such as water, ice, snow, dew, rain, etc. is present.
- Ensure roof has positive drainage prior to installation.
- Proper ventilation is critical. When applying over the entire roof deck, the roofing system must provide sufficient ventilation, including both ridge and soffit venting.
- A full, irreversible adhesion is achieved when the underlayment goes through a complete heat cycle. Do not attempt to remove the underlayment immediately after adhesion to the substrate.
- Use of a hand-held "hot air gun" might help in enhancing adhesion during application of underlayment in cooler weather.
- (Applicable for the State of Florida only) - All tiles shall be staged (two tile perpendicular to slope, four tiles on top parallel to slope), not to exceed 6-high. When installing flat tiles and lugged tiles above 6:12 roof pitch, PS200HT shall be installed behind a nominal 1" x 2" horizontal batten.
- PS200HT must be covered with a finished roof covering within the specified exposure time of the product. Refer to section on Features and Benefits for exposure times.
- Surface must be clean, dry, and without voids, that may interfere with adhesion.
- For re-roofing, all old roofing and other loose materials must be removed prior to installation.
- Acceptable substrates for adhesion of LeakBarrier membranes can be found at the Tarco website
- For best results, surface may be primed with an ASTM D41 Primer prior to installation of PS200HT. When primer is used, ensure the primer is fully dry prior to application of PS200HT.
- Cut the PS200HT roll to suitable, manageable lengths before installation.
- Place a full width piece of the pre-cut PS200HT underlayment on the substrate, parallel to the eave (low) edge of the roof.
- Align PS200HT so that it is parallel with the edge of the eave and extend over the eave and rake approximately 3/8".
- Place the side lap on the up side of the roof, fold back the sheet, and remove the exposed release film, taking care not to displace the sheet.
- Working from the center out, roll the sheet onto the substrate, taking care to avoid wrinkles and ridges. PS200HT must be set straight. Repeat this process for the remaining half of the sheet.
- Apply a 1/16" thick layer of asphalt plastic cement over the eave and rake metal drip edges extending 2" to 3" onto the deck surface where the roll will intersect.
- Apply full roll width, a 1/16" thick layer of asphalt plastic cement to the surface of the first course in the 6" end lap area before adhering the next course.
- Apply the next eave course in the same manner overlapping the first course at the end lap by 6".
- Remove release film covering the selvage, if present, prior to application of the next sheet.
- Lap the succeeding course over the lap area just to the fabric edge of the preceding course.
- Apply succeeding courses in like manner, as in steps above.
- Stagger the end laps a minimum 3' from the preceding course.
- Install capped or tin tagged nails 6 inches on center in the middle of the selvage edge (side lap) or fasten according to applicable building codes.
- At the T-Joint (where an end lap and next overlapping course intersect), apply a bead of roofing lap cement before the overlapping course is laid.
- Roll the entire membrane surface, paying special attention to side laps, end laps and T-joints. Roller weight shall be 70 lb. minimum for low slope (≤2:12 pitch) and 28 lb. minimum for steep slope (>2:12 pitch).
|Property||Typical Values||Reference Test|
|Tensile Strength, MD||34 lbf/in.||ASTM D1970|
|Tensile Strength, XMD||28 lbf/in.||ASTM D1970|
|Elongation, mod. bit. portion||10% min.||ASTM D1970|
|Adhesion to Plywood @ 40° F||2 lbs/ft. of width||ASTM D1970|
|Adhesion to Plywood @ 75° F||20 lbs/ft. of width||ASTM D1970|
|Thermal Stability, max||0.1 inch||ASTM D1970|
|Flexibility Temperature||-20° F||ASTM D1970|
|Tear Resistance, MD & XMD||20 lbf||ASTM D1970|
|Slip Resistance||Pass||ASTM D1970|
|Compound Stability||260° F||ASTM D5147|
|Moisture Vapor Permeance||0.1 U.S. Perms (max)||ASTM D1970|
|Length||66 ft. 8 in.|
|Thickness||60 mil (nominal)|
|Gross Coverage||2 squares|
|Weight||55 lbs. (nominal)|
Tarco Specialty Products, Inc. offers a 30 year Limited Warranty.