Fiberglass Mineral Surfaced Roll Roofing is a glass fiber reinforced asphalt coated product with a ceramic granular surface to protect against UV, weathering and physical damage. It is lightly coated with a mineral release material on the bottom side.
Fiberglass Mineral Surfaced Roll Roofing is a general purpose roofing product designed for use in new roofing and re-roofing installations utilizing hot mopping asphalt, cold process adhesives or mechanical fasteners. While frequently used for residential low-slope applications such as porches and carports or as flashing material, it can also be used as a base sheet in commercial applications.
Features and Benefits
- Versatile and easy to handle
- Durable and cost-effective
- Reinforced with glass fiber mat ensuring dimensional stability during installation
- Specially formulated asphalt gives lasting performance
- Minimal dead load weight
- Multiple options - Full coverage; 4-inch and 19-inch selvage
- Rolls lay flat and resist wrinkling for easy application
- Low-slope residential and commercial use
- Factory controlled characteristics
- Granular surfacing available in multiple colors to complement most shingle applications
- Meets ASTM D3909
- UL Approved in Class A, B, and C roofs (Type G3 BUR)
White, Black, Cedar Blend, Weatherwood, Dark Brown, Red, Hickory, Slate Grey and Green.
Storage and Handling
- Fiberglass Mineral Surfaced Roll Roofing requires protection from damage and the weather.
- Constantly store rolls upright in a dry location and never more than two pallets high.
- When storing two pallets high, position a plywood sheet between pallets.
- All roofing materials must be kept clean and free of moisture prior to installation.
- Warm weather conditions are ideal for good adhesion. Application should be made when ambient temperatures are 50° F or higher.
- Deck must be free of voids, clean and dry.
- Cut membrane sheets into manageable lengths before installation.
- Apply over roof decks with inclines of not less than 2 inches per foot.
- Install in a horizontal manner, overlapping a minimum of 4 inches on side laps and a minimum of 6 inches on end laps. 19-inch Selvage MSR shall be overlapped for the entire 19 inch lap area.
- To ensure product integrity, do not use in excess of 1/8-inch thickness of lap cement.
- Excessive use of cement will cause blistering of this product. All cement is to be applied in then, smooth, even layers.
- Install flashings in cement before nailing in place.
- Nails should be galvanized #11 or 12, a minimum of 1 inch long with 3/8 inch heads and long enough to penetrate the deck.
Tarco shall not be responsible for any damage resulting from failure to follow these instructions.
|Property||Typical Value||Test Method|
|Pliability @ 25°C||Pass||ASTM D228|
|Unroll @ 50°F and 140°F||Pass||ASTM D3909|
|Loss on Heating @ 221°F||0||ASTM D228|
|Gross Coverage||108 sq. ft.|
|Weight||72 lbs. (nominal)|
|Rolls Per Pallet||28|
Fiberglass Mineral Surfaced Roll Roofing is warranted to be free from manufacturer's defects.
Note: All statements information and data given herein are believed to be accurate and reliable, but are presented without guaranty, warranty or responsibility of any kind, expressed or implied, except as may be indicated otherwise in this literature.