LeakBarrier ReflectPlus is a premium self-adhering SBS modified bituminous membrane with a highly reflective film laminate on the upper side and a removable silicone treated release liner on the bottom adhesive side.The exposed surface is comprised of a proprietary construction of a bright white acrylic coated aluminum reinforced with a polyolefinic film that provides enhanced reflectivity and emissivity.
LeakBarrier ReflectPlus is designed for use as a finished roof covering in multi-ply roof systems, including new roofing, re-roofing and recover applications. ReflectPlus is ideal for patching and gutter repair, and for use as a flashing membrane.
Features and Benefits
- Easy-to-install sheet – no need for torches, tapes or fasteners
- Light weight and easy to handle
- Highly reflective surface that is UV resistant and helps lower utility costs
- Rubberized asphalt imparts water barrier characteristic
- Self-sealing around fasteners
- Specially formulated SBS compound facilitates a pliable sheet that will not crack or dry
- High temperature resistant up to 2400F
- Release film peels off for easy installation and handling
- Versatile sheet adheres to a wide variety of substrates such as concrete, plywood, OSB, metal, wood vinyl, masonry, certain rigid insulations, insulated concrete forms (ICF), etc.
- Durable surface that can be re-surfaced
- Meets ASTM D1970
- ReflectPlus must be stored indoors, in a dry location.
- Rolls must be protected from the elements.Do not store rolls in direct sunlight.
- Keep rolls clean and free from moisture prior to installation.
- Store rolls at room temperature.Prolonged exposure to elevated temperatures may reduce the adhesive characteristic of the material.
- Do not double stack pallets.
- Install ReflectPlus in strict compliance with applicable building codes.
- Follow Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety standards; use common sense measures and adequate precautions to prevent accidents.
- Install ReflectPlus only when material interface temperatures (air, deck, material) are 40°F and rising.
- Do not install when any form of moisture such as water, frost, ice, snow, dew, rain, etc. is present.
- Ensure roof has positive drainage prior to installation.
- Proper ventilation is critical. When applying over the entire roof deck, the roofing system must provide sufficient ventilation, including both ridge and soffit venting.
- A full, irreversible adhesion is achieved when the underlayment goes through a complete heat cycle. Do not attempt to remove the underlayment immediately after adhesion to the substrate.
- Use of a hand-held “hot air gun” might help in enhancing adhesion during application of underlayment in cooler weather.
- Surface must be clean, dry, and free of voids prior to installing ReflectPlus.
- For re-roofing, all old roofing and other loose materials must be removed prior to installation.
- ReflectPlus may be installed directly to the substrates of non-occupied spaces such as carports, sheds, canopies, porches, etc.
- Acceptable substrates for adhesion of LeakBarrier membranes can be found at the Tarco website
- For best results, surface may be primed with an ASTM D41 Primer prior to installation of ReflectPlus. When primer is used, ensure the primer is fully dry prior to application of ReflectPlus.
- When surface is primed, ensure the primed surface is dry to the touch and install the membrane within the same work day. If not, the surface shall be re-primed.
- For ease of application, unroll ReflectPlus and allow it to relax for at least 15 minutes.
- Apply the membrane starting at the lowest point, working the way to the highest point.
- Arrange the membrane in a straight manner, fold back the sheet, and remove the exposed release film, taking care not to displace the sheet.
- Working from the center out, roll the sheet onto the substrate, taking care to avoid wrinkles and ridges. ReflectPlus must be set straight. Repeat this process for the other half of the sheet.
- Apply succeeding courses in like manner, as in steps above.
- Use minimum 4 inch side lap and 6 inch end laps, and stagger all end laps by at least 3 feet.
- At the T-Joints (where an end lap and next overlapping course intersect) and other laps where the self-adhesive compound comes into contact with the film, use a hot air welder to ensure a water tight seal.
- Roll the entire membrane surface, paying special attention to side laps, end laps and T-joints. Roller weight shall be 70 lb. minimum for low slope (≤2:12 pitch) and 28 lb. minimum for steep slope (>2:12 pitch).
|Property||Typical Values||Reference Test|
|Tensile Strength||40 lbf/in||ASTM D1970|
|Elongation, Rubberized Asphalt||600%||ASTM D1970|
|Adhesion to Plywood @ 75°F||40 lb/ft width||ASTM D903|
|Adhesion to Plywood @ 40°F||15 lb/ft width||ASTM D903|
|Lap Peel Adhesion||8 lb/in width||ASTM D903|
|Low Temperature Flexibility||-15°F||ASTM D1970|
|Thermal Stability, Max||0.1 in||ASTM D1970|
|Nail Sealability||Pass||ASTM D1970|
|Permeance||0.5 perms max||ASTM E96|
|Length||33 ft 4 in|
|Weight||28 lb (nominal)|
|Thickness||40 mil (nominal)|
|Roll Size||100 sq ft|
|Rolls per pallet||42|
LeakBarrier ReflectPlus is warranted to be free from manufacturer’s defects.