LeakBarrier EasyLay UDL 50 is a next-generation, premium, synthetic membrane that delivers excellent long-term weather barrier performance. Based on a revolutionary multi-laminate configuration that consists of a non-woven fabric, UV stabilized polyolefinic coating and a woven poly scrim, EasyLay UDL 50 is manufactured using polymers with inherently exceptional thermal characteristics. The woven scrim imparts high strength whereas the textured top layer is treated with a special formulation that offers unsurpassed skid resistance and enhanced walkability for the installer. The bottom side is treated with a rubberized polymeric coating to reduce slippage between the sheet and the underlying substrate.
EasyLay UDL 50 can be used in shingle, shake, slate, tile, and metal roofing applications. Designed for use in steep-slope roofing, it can be mechanically installed over a variety of substrates and utilized in new roofing and re-roofing applications. EasyLay UDL 50 is ideal for use in high temperature environments.
Features and Benefits
- Lightweight; Less than 4.5 lbs per square
- More coverage per roll than traditional Felt
- High tensile and tear strengths
- Excellent UV performance - 6 month exposure rating
- Anti-slip coated surface provides good walkability
- Tan color provides cooler surface to work with
- Stable at high-temperatures - 320 0F rated
- Very pliable; easily conforms to rooftop peaks and valleys
- Superior flexibility at low temperatures
- Excellent wind resistance - Eliminates roof blow offs
- Pre-printed lay lines for easy installation
- Versatile top surface compatible with self-adhering membranes
- Suitable surface for foam application of tiles
- Algae, fungi, and mold resistant
- Resistant to rot and decay
- 100% recyclable
- 50 Year limited warranty
- Meets and/or exceeds ASTM D226
- Miami-Dade Approval NOA No. 14-0212.06
- ICC-ES ESR #2634
- Florida Building Code FL 16884
- EasyLay UDL 50 must be stored in a dry location.
- Do not store in a leaning position.
- Rolls must be stored on pallets and not more than one pallet high.
- Do not store rolls in direct sunlight.
- EasyLay UDL 50 shall be installed in strict compliance with applicable Building Code.
- Follow Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety standards; use common sense measures and adequate precautions to prevent accidents.
- EasyLay UDL 50 is considered a vapor barrier. Proper ventilation is critical. Ensure installation does not interfere with existing ventilation.
- EasyLay UDL 50 shall not be torched or hot mopped to.
- When used in low slope applications (<2:12), EasyLay UDL 50 must be covered the same day. On slopes less than 4:12, a double layer of EasyLay UDL 50 is recommended. Double layer application is best achieved by using 19" side laps, making sure the side laps are "shingled in" to shed water.
- Ensure that sharp objects such as debris, stones, bricks, etc. are not dropped on to the EasyLay UDL 50 surface so as to avoid possible cuts or tears.
- Apply a thin coat of asphalt-based roofing cement to areas of EasyLay UDL 50 with any cuts or tears.
- Do not use staples to attach EasyLay UDL 50. Use of staples will void the warranty.
- EasyLay UDL 50 is not intended to be used as the primary weather resistant roof covering.
- The substrate shall be clean and dry prior to installing EasyLay UDL 50.
- For re-roofing, all old roofing and other loose materials must be removed prior to installation.
- Place a full width piece of EasyLay UDL 50, parallel to the eave (low) edge of the roof.
- Unroll the material 2 to 3 feet and position the end of it to the edge of the eave and rake.
- Install a few fasteners near the rake and roll out the sheet to a manageable length.
- Straighten and align the sheet to eliminate any wrinkles.
- Fasten the sheet using 3/8" headed roofing nails or 1" plastic capped nails, spaced 9" o.c. at all laps and two staggered rows fastened 12" o.c. in the field, or as per applicable Building Code. In HVHZ Jurisdictions, the sheet shall be fastened 6" O.C. at all laps and three staggered rows fastened 12" O.C. in the field of the sheet.
- When using 1" diameter nails, apply such that the head of the nail is flush with the sheet surface, without cutting into the sheet.
- Fasten the sheet from the top edge to avoid walking or kneeling on the unsecured portion.
- Align the next sheet over the preceding sheet so as to form a minimum 4" side lap and 8" end lap or as per applicable Building Code.
- Then install the sheet as per instructions above. Install such that the bottom of the second course is over the top of the first course so that any water will flow over the underlayment.
- Stagger the end laps a minimum of 36" (3') from the preceding course.
- Install EasyLay UDL 50 a minimum of 6" up any vertical surfaces.
- EasyLay UDL used in valley areas must be covered with metal or other valley liners.
- Seams or joints that require adhesive or sealant can be treated with plastic cement.
- Prime all metal collars, flashings, valley liners and drip edges with an ASTM D41 primer.
- Flash vent pipes, stacks, chimneys, and penetrations in compliance with applicable codes.
|Property||Typical Value||Reference Test|
|Tensile strength, lbf||200||ASTM D1682|
|Tear resistance, lbf||65||ASTM D4533|
|Pliability at 23°C||Pass||ASTM D226|
|Liquid Water Transmission||Pass||ASTM D4869|
|Water vapor transmission, perms||0,10||ASTM E96|
|Accelerated Aging||Pass||ICC AC 188|
|Algae & fungus resistance, Rank 0 - 4||0 (no growth)||ASTM G21 / D3273|
|Ultraviolet Exposure||Pass||ICC AC 188|
|Outdoor exposure||No changes after 6 months||Visual|
|Width||4 ft. (1.219m)|
|Length||250 ft. (72.2m)|
|Thickness||16 mil (nominal)|
|Gross Coverage||1,000 sq. ft. (10 sq.)|
|Weight||43 lbs. (nominal)|
|Rolls per Pallet||36|
Tarco Specialty Products, Inc. offers a 50 Year Limited Material Warranty.
NOTE: All statements, information and data given herein are believed to be accurate and reliable but are presented without guaranty, warranty or responsibility of any kind, expressed or implied, except as may be indicated otherwise in this literature.